Advantages and disadvantages of polyester fiber
Do you know any advantages and disadvantages of polyester fabrics?
Polyester fiber is a chemical fiber. It is a kind of chemical fiber widely used in apparel fabrics. Xiaobian has compiled some knowledge about polyester fiber, and we know what polyester fiber is.
Polyester fiber, also known as polyester, is the first major variety of synthetic fibers.
Polyester is an important variety in synthetic fiber and is the trade name of polyester fiber in China. It is a fiber-forming polymer prepared by esterification or transesterification and polycondensation of purified terephthalic acid (PTA) or dimethyl terephthalate (DMT) and ethylene glycol (EG). - Polyethylene terephthalate (PET), fibers made by spinning and post-treatment.
Pronunciation: [dílún] English: polyester; Chinese commonly known as "the good" polyester has a wide range of uses, a large number of used in the manufacture of clothing fabrics and industrial products. Polyester has excellent shape properties. The flattened, fluffy form or pleats produced by the polyester yarn or fabric after being shaped, can be used for a long time without being washed in many times.
Polyester is also known as Terry, and Americans call it "Dakken". When it appeared on the Hong Kong market, people translated it according to Cantonese as "definitely cool" or "definitely good" [cool, good Cantonese homonym], to the name of "really cool".
It is the simplest one of the three synthetic fibers and the price is relatively cheap. In addition, it has the characteristics of strong durability, good elasticity, not easy to deform, corrosion resistance, insulation, crispness, easy to wash and dry, and so on.
Polyester has many excellent textile properties and performance. It can be used in pure textiles or blended with natural fibers such as cotton, wool, silk and hemp and other chemical fibers. It is made into a variety of colors, firm and scratchy. It is easy to dry, non-scaling and washable. It can be worn like wool, imitation cotton, imitation silk and imitation linen. Polyester fabric is suitable for men's and women's shirts, outerwear, children's clothing, upholstery fabrics and carpets. Polyester can also be used as cotton wool because of its good elasticity and bulkiness. Industrial high-strength polyester can be used as tire cords, conveyor belts, fire hoses, cables, fishing nets, etc., and can also be used as electrical insulation materials, acid-resistant filter cloths and paper-making blankets. Non-woven fabrics made of polyester can be used for interior decoration, carpet backing, pharmaceutical industry fabrics, flocking, lining, etc.
1. Shading, light and ventilation. It can eliminate up to 86% of solar radiation, keep the indoor air clear, and clearly see the outdoor scene.
2. Insulation. Polyester fiber sun fabric has good thermal insulation properties not found in other fabrics, greatly reducing the use of indoor air conditioners.
3. UV protection. Polyester sun fabric resists up to 95% UV rays.
4. Fire protection. Polyester fabrics have flame retardant properties not found in other fabrics. The real polyester fiber fabric will retain the internal skeleton glass fiber after burning, so it will not be deformed, and the ordinary fabric will not have any residue after burning.
5. Moisture proof. Bacteria cannot multiply and the fabric does not mold.
6. Polyester fiber is prone to static electricity and is soaked and cleaned with a softener.
7. Constant size. The fabric itself determines that it is not malleable, does not deform, and maintains its flatness for a long time.
8. Easy to clean. Can be washed in clean water.
9. Anti-tear. No need for reinforcement, natural tear resistance, significant resistance to wind and frequent use.
10. Corrosion resistant. Resistant to bleaches, oxidants, hydrocarbons, ketones, petroleum products and inorganic acids. Resistant to dilute alkali, not afraid of mildew, but hot alkali can make it decompose. Also has strong acid and alkali resistance and UV resistance
11. Good elasticity. The elasticity is close to that of wool, and when it is stretched by 5% to 6%, it can be almost completely recovered. The wrinkle resistance is superior to other fibers, that is, the fabric is not wrinkled, and the dimensional stability is good. The modulus of elasticity is 22 to 141 cN/dtex, which is 2 to 3 times higher than that of nylon. Polyester fabric has high strength and elastic recovery, so it is durable, anti-wrinkle and non-iron
12. Good wear resistance. Wear resistance is second only to nylon with the best abrasion resistance, better than other natural and synthetic fibers.
1. It has poor hygroscopicity and is sultry, and it is easy to carry static electricity and stain dust, which affects the appearance and comfort.
2. The polyester fabric has poor resistance to melting, and it is easy to form holes in the case of soot or Mars. Therefore, polyester fabrics should be worn to avoid contact with cigarette butts and sparks.